Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Broken Humanity


I am not a "Christian" first. I am a human. Period.

Things get so mixed up in this bubble, in this false reflection of reality. We happy-go-lucky goers get comfortable with smiling, praising and to ignoring all at the same time with the same heart. We buy it, sale it and think it to be the only right in the world.

(Being "in the world, but not of it" doesn't allow you to treat a person like a pile of dung.)

We aare a human first. This Christian spirituality, which became a part of us after being human, is the joyous, painful journey of my broken humanity reconciling with a perfect Creator. It teaches us the interconnectedness between all men (and women) and how to protect that connect from "fallen-ness."

So, no matter where you are on the journey, I will treat you like you should treat me: as human. As beings created by the same Creator. As parched sojourners in need a only a half-glass of water.

That is all there is to be said.

2 comments:

  1. Can I have a full glass of water please? ;) (And btw, good post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE when you update this. thanks for being human. and thanks for loving Jesus. you encourage me.

    ReplyDelete