Friday, February 4, 2011

Of a Friend



But, do you even see me standing right here?

Do you acknowledge my existence, my flesh, in such a way that I am made whole?

I don't know what else to do. I've ridden with you night and day. I helped you move and rearrange. You had nothing, and I became your everything for a heavy moment. You've traveled the veins and capillaries of my heart so much...you should know your way around by now.

You should know...

When I need a word of release to climb out of my bloody trenches.

You should know...

The very moment that I am weak, cussing at the skies, ready to be filled.

I stand here with a banner, hoping for the corner of your eye to grace me with a gaze. If only one lash of your eye would twinkle this-a-way, I would be satisfied.

Maybe you will see my demise. Then, you will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment