Friday, July 9, 2010

The Prosperity Lie


I don't get it. No entiendo.

You say that if a person "struggles," then they are not blessed? If their car breaks down, or if they cannot pay a bill....this apparently classifies as a curse from God. Because "life more abundantly" is suppose to be full of houses and 13 cars and a puppy named Roxy (who is smaller than a chicken wing.)

Not so.

I am sorry that you measure the spiritual with the quantity of naturalism. More money, more God, eh? I mean, I might have little faith, but please don't measure something spiritual with the grunge of this planet.

I am called to be in this world...but not of it. This message that you preach seems to be a reflection of the love of money, a bearing on what this world has to offer. But, on the contrary,I understand that even without a house, a car, or any other material possession, I am smiled on by the Most High. I need to grasp the fact that even if He doesn't deliver me from the fires of this realm, I know without a shadow of doubt in my mind that He is more than able and more than willing to do that. Now that is the abundant life that I am called to. Transcendence. No matter what..... My God is my God.

I am not cursed. I will not receive it.

It is not a sin to be rich (I mean, who doesn't want to be.... am I right? am I right?)....but I think it is very, very sad to die rich.





Waging Peace

4 comments: